[smugmug url="http://photos.vec.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=gallery&Data=17817288_8DTcvn&format=rss200" imagecount="100" start="1" num="100" thumbsize="Th" link="lightbox" captions="false" sort="true" window="true" smugmug="true" size="L"]
I finally got that up and working. I took apart the Griffin chargers I picked up a while back to get this working. The intent is to have the power coming from an SAE connector that’s fairly common on bikes. It’s the same connector that’s used by a batter tender so my bike already has one on it.
What I had been using before was a SAE connector to a cigarette socket to the stuff that plugs in. The problem is that that’s a huge connector on a bike.
Now, I can use the SAE connector and have a couple of USB connectors that can charge anything I can plug into it. I’ve checked the iPhone, iPad, Kindle, iPod. They all work great!
As a bonus I have a cigarette plug to SAE connector so I can use the rig in the car! :-D